Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked about taking the hammer spring out of a Ljutic. A picture is worth a 1000 words or 10,000 when I attempt to explain something. Here are some pictures of a tool I made to remove a Ljutic hammer spring and no I didn't come up with this idea myself.....and yes it is rough but works. I started with a 2" "C" clamp. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, if I can do this anyone can!
biff_2008_030380.jpg

biff_2008_030381.jpg

biff_2008_030382.jpg

biff_2008_030383.jpg

This tool will compress the hammer spring so you can get the pressure off the pin which fits into the back of the hammer. Makes the removal much easier for me. Biff

·
Registered
687 Posts
Great ideal! I switch mine back and forth pull/release on my next trip I will pick up a 2" c clamp! Is a grinder all I need?

·
Registered
313 Posts
see if you can make a "v" block from a solid grain wood,like maple or ash, to put between the trigger and the screw end of the clamp...could save you from marking up the body....looks cool though. eric

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Nice! I was wondering if anyone made a spring compressor for that spring. This one looks great. When I changed my spring, I just popped the hammer pin out and held on. Then I compressed the spring as I pushed the hammer back into place. Your way is better.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric,I think Brenda Ball fainted when she saw the picture of that clamp being used on my release trigger that she had gold plated for me. Also Eric, I would have had to bought a bigger "C" clamp at a higher price in order to put the wood on it, but your idea is really good. Biff

·
Registered
886 Posts
I use a stubby flat blade screw driver with a slot filed in the end. Home made by every description. Works great, though.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.