Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never owned a Ljutic.
Have the opportunity to pickup 2 mono guns with release triggers. I’m not a release shooter and would want to change back to pull.
Is this something easily done? How is the expense?
I don’t want to get burned on something.
Thanks for any input.
Dan

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
You would be money ahead if you bought 2 pull triggers and then sold off the release triggers.
I agree 100%. Buy a pull and sell the release. The release should bring more than the pull anyway. Converting one takes different parts. Converting a pull to a release takes machining to the trigger block and a new trigger and probably a new hammer. Converting back to a pull should be easier but still would require a new trigger that matches the hammer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
First you have to discover whether they are factory Ljutic releases or someone's conversion of a pull trigger. Ljutic releases were unlike any conversion and IMO the best release I ever shot. I have heard comments to the contrary but they were from people of questionable reliability. At any rate find out what you really have and how much that might be worth then like the others suggest flip the releases intact and get a couple unmolested pulls.

JMO of course

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Maybe you can work out a deal/trade with Phillip. I'm sure he would work something out. Terry Jones of Terry's Gun Vault would be another person I'd talk to were I you.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
There were 2 sizes of release buttons on the Mono guns. You have to know what size you have for the trigger group.
Just in case someone doesn't know the difference, they may be calling the one with the smaller release button hole an LTX or Pro-3 trigger. They have a smaller (narrower) release button. But you can have a smaller button installed (or shave down a normal sized one to fit a smaller one). A wider one will work in all the guns, even with the smaller button.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts