Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I invested in another two Ljutic shotguns. This required another adventure to the mother ship to have them fixed the way I like them. Mainly have the finger groove inertia block installed on each. So I took some more pictures of the adventure.
I stopped at a rest area on the way over, and these signs were posted everywhere:

Then I arrived at the mother ship

Notice the fancy air conditioner in the doorway to the shop 104 degrees today

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Both Mike and Bob are the most friendly and knowledgeable persons I have ever talked to about shotguns. They shoot you with the correct answers and the reason for that answer. I could have spent all day there picking their minds. Here are the finished products after their labor/installation of the blocks. A 35 inch on top and a 34 inch on the bottom .

Mike also took the time to make sure both shotguns were set up for me, and fit me correctly. He also went through both guns to make sure they were as they should be CORRECT.

The biggest lesson learned today is if you buy a gun (Ljutic) have someone there to inspect the gun before you purchase it. It is kind of hard to do on the internet from thousands of miles away. I got lucky and these guns just needed minor tweaking.

It was a fun trip, and I am lucky to be able to go there and "get er done".

No, Ljutic is still waiting for more raw materials to go back into full production. They used to have twelve employees, now they are down to just two. Thank you covid.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Fantastic story. Would you happen to have a phone number for them? I have an old ljutic that could use a total overhaul and can't seem to get a current phone number for them thanks BYG

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo
8,278 Posts
Are they milling their own parts, farming it out or both?
And it would take me about 10min of standing in that shop before I couldn't help myself and started cleaning/organizing it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mike could just look at a Ljutic and see if something was not right. We talked about marks made on the lower receiver how the for end was not in alignment. How some people would peen the lower receiver to make it tighter on lock up. Triggers, well there is where people really screw up the system. The backyard gunsmith can really mess the program up. The reason Ljutic will not just sell the inertial block is due to fitting required. The guns are built like tanks, but the parts are all hand fit. I witnessed this when they fitted my locks to my guns. The internals on the receiver are cut at certain degree's and the part has to match that perfectly. It even gets down to locking and closing the barrel. Mike said if you have to bump the forearm to open the gun that there is an alignment problem. These are just a few of the things that I took away with me from this trip. They know their stuff, and there is a reason that they like to work on their own product and not have others try and do it. Something to think about.

It was nice to see some of the blanks that they had for stocks. But currently do not have a stock man on premises. The raw X Gun receivers were really neat to see. They were made across the street, and when they arrive in the shop they will be receiving the final finishing and fitting. Ljutic has specifications for the quality of the metal they use in their firearms. Right now they are having a problem getting the quality of metal they need to build guns. (Thank you covid)
Supplies are dependent on suppliers. It does have a ripple effect in this case. So patience is a virtue. Mike, Bob and the new owner are doing all they can to see this happen.

I drove away appreciating the honesty and friendliness of Mike and Bob. I look forward to seeing them again and hearing some of their fascinating stories. Only if they could write a book?

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo
8,278 Posts
X Gun receivers were really neat to see. They were made across the street, and when they arrive in the shop they will be receiving the final finishing and fitting. Ljutic has specifications for the quality of the metal they use in their firearms. Right now they are having a problem getting the quality of metal they need to build guns. (Thank you covid)
Did any of them happen to mention if they're sourcing their steel from American suppliers?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did any of them happen to mention if they're sourcing their steel from American suppliers?
No, I'm sorry they didn't. I didn't ask because I was over whelmed just being there. There is a lot to take in there, and I had to ask questions as they came to me. It's pretty darn cool though

1 - 20 of 28 Posts