Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Pro 3 with the adjustable rib a couple years ago and I noticed yesterday that the post on the barrel closest to the receiver has come loose. It does have the One Touch rib.

Does anyone know if there is a quick fix for it, or do I have to send it in to the company?

I think I read awhile back that they had some problems like this.

Does anyone have any ideas.

I bought it from Terry Jones but haven't called him yet, I thought I'd run it by this forum before doing anything.

Thanks for your input.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
It is my understanding that early One Touch rib posts were glued to the receiver. If sent back to Ljutic they will remove existing posts and solder on new. Check with Mike at Ljutic. They stand behind their guns and are nice people easy to deal with. Marc

·
Registered
193 Posts
It is my understanding that early One Touch rib posts were glued to the receiver. If sent back to Ljutic they will remove existing posts and solder on new. Check with Mike at Ljutic. They stand behind their guns and are nice people easy to deal with. Marc
Do you know anything about Mono Stainless ribs? Mind seems to have a little bit of play in it. If I tap the top of the rib, I can hear a *clink* of metal hitting metal

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Eugwara,
Ljutic ribs have a grove machined into the bottom that slide over the posts which have dovetailed ends. The rib is "free" to slide across the posts independent of the barrel as expands slightly with heat buildup. In theory this maintains POI as the barrel heats while the rib is relatively cool.
If tapping causes a clink I would not worry. If it is loose to where you can wiggle it with your fingers I would call Ljutic. Should be an easy fix.
Marc

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I haven't given an update.

I called Mike at Ljutic last Tuesday and got the barrel boxed and sent out the same day. Called yesterday to make sure they got it and they did.

Mike said they were going to start on it today and said it should be on it's way back sometime next week or so.

Hauxfan!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts