Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ljutic Fans,
I just purchased a Ljutic Monogun with a serial number of 114. I'm already debating on whether I should shoot it or sell it as a collectors piece. The gun has beautiful wood, and the bluing is commensurate with its age... so, I'm asking for your thoughts, opinions, and perhaps even your ideas as to value. Thanks all in advance!
GC

·
Registered
554 Posts
Perhaps you may get some jokesters on this site that may under value a gun made by ljutic. I for one don't have experience with those guns but I would suggest waiting for replies in your info thread before posting in the want to sell; or at least have a value in mind! All the best in your decision;

-ithaca

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks- I'm new to Ljutic, being a Browning and Beretta sort up until now. I'm really hoping for some of the knowledgeable folks on this site to post some honest opinions. I can always compare against GunBroker if the values seem a little off!

·
Well known trouble maker
3,217 Posts
Hello Ann and welcome to the forum.

I doubt you will find collectors scrambling to obtain Mono Gun 114. Most are interested in guns with serial numbers 22 and less as those guns were produced in Nevada. Number 114 was produced in Washington.

The most serious Ljutic collector I know frequents this forum and his screen name is Kim Z. I see that you have already visited his Ljutic face book page. Perhaps he will weigh in on the subject. I sold Kim Mono Gun 23 a couple of years ago to add to his collection.

As other forum members replied in your other thread, I agree with the value estimate of between $2000 and $2500.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Shoot it, it's built like a tank. As long as you take care of it , it still has a lot of life left in it. The only thing that you will have to replace every ten years or so will be the hammer spring.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Number 114 finally arrives Monday, and then I have the 10 day waiting period:17:. After that, I'm going to buy Walmart out of shells and spend some quality time at the club.:18:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Girl Captain...I think the price range of this ljutic would be $1,800--$2,300 unless it had very special wood. I recently bought a ljutic Serial #12x and I paid $1,800 although I suspect your wood is nicer than mine. You should post pictures of it to allow readers to see the wood and condition. Early model ljutics generally had very plain wood not fancy figured wood. The really early models under serial number 25 may draw a premium, but frankly, I would not pay a premium for Serial #114. These guns had the original very flat rib and with the trend to higher ribs, the low rib is, in my opinion, a liability. I put an aftermarket rib on mine to raise the rib height a bit, otherwise it was very flat shooting. Love to see pics of it. gdr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts