Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, it's come time to let my trap gun go, going to university in the fall and I simply do t have the time to shoot anymore.
The gun shoots phenomenal, and has a good history behind it with documentation from Nadine. The gun was build in 1964 for a woman by the name of Joan Pflueger, Joan is in the Florida trap shooting hall of fame, and I believe she is also in the ATA hall of fame but I'm not sure. She shot the gun for some time before sellin it to Paul Flock, husband of Punkin Flock, another hall of Famer. The gun changed hands a number of time after Paul sold it and ended up in Canada where I bought it.
The gun has a 34 inch barrel and a 14.5 inch LOP. I've also got a second composite stock to go with it with a roll over comb and palm swell. I won't lie and say the gun is in perfect condition, it has shot its share of shells but still operates very well. Only selling because the money will help with school. The gun is located in Canada. Make me a reasonable offer and it's all yours, I just want to have someone enjoy it again. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, James.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
I believe her husband's name was Carl Flock..... The Pfleuger lass, was if I recall, a daughter of the Fishing Reel/tackle family of the same name, she also shot Flyers in a number of countries as well, including Cuba in the 50's

·
Registered
315 Posts
James, the earliest this gun could have been made was 1965 in Yakima, Washington. In 1964, Mono Guns guns were made in Reno up through serial #21.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,940 Posts
After spending about three hours with Nadine this last Friday I assure you what she said is how things are. Here is a letter she wrote for me on a very early Ljutic O/U that I have. The serial number on your Ljutic may not indicate when it was made. I have four Ljutic's that have serial numbers that where put on the firearms at the request of the customer, the new one we picked up Friday has my wife's nick name as the serial number.

One of my Ljutic O/U's was made in about 1955 or 56 it has serial number 4X and is way out of sequence with the guns that were numbered in order. Nadine is still as sharp as a tack and her memory for when and how things were done is perfect.
P1010943.JPG
Scan0031.jpg

Reactions: James.c
1 - 7 of 7 Posts