·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ljutic 001.jpg
Ljutic 002.jpg
Ljutic 003.jpg
Ljutic 004.jpg
As I was finishing up my 200 singles today at the NJ Grand, I noticed that my Ljutic Mono went from ejector to extractor. Strange I thought....but it was still enabling me to remove shells so I kept shooting and finished up.

When I got back to my car, I found what you see pictured below. The front end of the ejector/extractor pin broke off about 1/4" from the end. I was able to slide out the finger that you see pictured also. I apologize for the blurry pics. My camera would not cooperate.

After removing the broken parts, I reassembled the gun. It sounds exactly the same when closing. It does not eject, it just extracts. Now..here is my question. I was going to send this back to Ljutic for a full go over this winter once shooting slows down in November. Can I just continue to shoot it this way or will something go horribly wrong that means I should send it back right now? Going back and forth plus the repair will take the gun out of commission for two-ish weeks.

Funny part is I was going to have them change this to extractor anyway when it was there this winter.

Thanks in advance.
TP
Ljutic 001.jpg
Ljutic 001.jpg
Ljutic 002.jpg

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Shoot it. On the last picture the piece on the left is the piece that makes it an ejector but it also works with the piece on the right. So both have to be ok to be an ejector but to be an extractor, a lot of guys just remove the piece on the left. That left piece is costly if you lose it (about 125.00 or so and don't loose the little pieces or the 2 little screws). Not sure what the piece on the right would cost because it is part of the extractor rod that broke so the whole rod would have to be replaced if you wanted it to be an ejector again. I won't hurt anything to shoot it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought. It seems fine. I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't some kind of interaction between the slider tooth shaped deal and the rest of the gun. I managed to save the piece with the plunger inside. Being that is $125...I can't imagine what they are going to get me for on the rod when I do send this in.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I was told by Mike at Ljutic that this is very hard to replace without a special tool they have at the factory. He suggested I mail the barrel in and have them fit it or just shoot it with the extractor. I chose the latter.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The problem is not with the ejector trip but the extractor/ejector. You have broken the end of the ejector. It doesn't hurt anything but may not push the case out as far.

DGG

·
Premium Member
6,804 Posts
Wouldn't a tig weld work too fix this? then soften the spring so it isn't so heavy on the ejector? Ive taken out the ejector too clean it and the spring is strong.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
it will work fine. the flat plate that you see has two little set screws in it. they might be missing on yours. if you push up on that plate and tightent he screws the gun will extract. remove the screws and it will eject. You broke the rod so it will need to be replaced. It should work fine and just buy another rod and insert it. easy and fast. noproblem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts