Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Ljutic owners/gunsmiths,

Got a smokin' deal on an older Ljutic #1774.
Question is, can these unlined barrels get wore out from shooting? If so is there anything that can be done to it or am I SOL?

Thanks,
Kurt

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've never heard of them wearing out. Sometimes people will mess with them and remove the rings from the fixed choke barrels, but not shoot them out.
dju

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
An untouched Ljutic barrel will out last you and your great grandchildren...there are Ljutics out there with 1,000,000 + rounds through them..

Ron Burr

·
Sky Buster
4,038 Posts
Worry about it at the 500,000 round mark. Dan Orlich reportedly
had over one million rounds through Ljutic #1 before he retired
from registered shooting.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I think Ajax may have hit on the issue. If you are saying that the Ljutic you have does not have any rings (lines) at the end of the barrel (in the choke), then someone has removed them by opening up the choke. They definitely were not shot out. If someone did open up the barrel (check it with a bore gauge) you could always put screw in chokes in it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. The rings are still in the end of the barrel. I was just curious is an all steel barrel could be wore out from shooting and what options were out there for restoration.

1 million + rounds through a barrel........Wow, I'll quite worrying, well, wondering anyway!

Happy shooting!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts