Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Ljutic owners,
I got a great deal on a Ljutic serial #1774. My question is can you "wear" out a barrel? These are not lined with chrome so how long will one last? What can be done to a barrel if it was determined wore out (re-line, sleeve it)?

Thanks,
Kurt

·
Registered
348 Posts
Kurt:
I feel you have nothing to worry about with typical lead trap loads. My Centennial Pro Stainless has about 120K rounds thru it and the entire gun appears as new except for some tiny wear marks on the breach face where the shell extractor rubs the breech face.

These Ljutics were made to last and many I know of have hundreds of thousands of round thru them and are still going strong.

I put a few wet patches down my barrel at the end of each week as I shoot about 250+ shells a week. I also wipe the breech face and clean the latch, shroud area and put some oil on the barrel and forearm where they grip the huge hinge pin. I use Qtips to clean the hinge pin and all mating surfaces. In the colder winter months I use STP as the oil and in the summer I use STOS.

Enjoy you Ljutic... shoot it.. that is what it was made for... stop worrying about it... I does not worry about you.
Art

1 - 3 of 3 Posts