Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
I do as well. I have a P/W and can run them trough that, but an old MEC I have in the corner works just as well.

Reactions: valmet

·
Banned
272 Posts
I reload on a mec and have not had a problem removing live primers . I do remove my powder and shot bottles or make sure they are empty .

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The above are all talking about removing live 209 primers, which should be perfectly safe. Knocking out live rifle or pistol primers may have a different answer because in those cases the de-primer is actually connecting with the insides of the primer. On a 209 primer your deprimer should not be going through the priming hole and should only be touching the top of the primer.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
The above are all talking about removing live 209 primers, which should be perfectly safe. Knocking out live rifle or pistol primers may have a different answer because in those cases the de-primer is actually connecting with the insides of the primer. On a 209 primer your deprimer should not be going through the priming hole and should only be touching the top of the primer.
Very big thank you for adding that point!

·
Registered
165 Posts
+1 on the mec using the de-prime station. never had a problem but always go slow with the handle pressure. also not a bad idea to wear safety glasses or goggles when you are going this type of stuff

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Many years ago one of my shooting buddies and I were new to reloading and he wanted to remove a primer from a hull. I didn't see what he was doing at the time but he took a hammer and punch to the primer. It came out and we ruined two pair of underwear. Use a MEC, wear safety glasses and be gentle. And most important of all, don't wear underwear.
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
I use a Mec case conditioner .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts