Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i whould like some info on how you used to and still do bet on live birds, how many in a race and how its shot off,do you refill the traps after each shot? are there any good informative books written on this sport? jonnyd.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Barry, if you believe no one shoots live birds anymore....can I interest you in some Arizona ocean front property....its got a great view!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
This is a threads that needs to be removed from this site before someone speaks before they think. This is not the site to discuss these types of programs on an open platform.

Dennis DeVault

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
We have them here in Tn every Sept. 1st, you pay $10 to a poor dirt farmer, sit out in a cut corn field from 10.30 in the morning until almost dark, about 4.30 they turn the birds loose and you shoot like crazy for about 10 minutes then you sit and bake for the rest of the day, that night you wrap bacon around the breast and grill it..

·
Registered
360 Posts
There are no live birds shoots in the US anymore. Period. Anyone that tells you different is leading you one or BSing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
To quote an old 'ring' operator around here, "Son, if you have to ask where they are, when they are, how much it costs', or you didn't get an invitation, it's none of your business and you AIN'T welcome". Hope this clears up the inquiry.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Seems to me JonnyD that you would be more likely to find the information about how live birds shoots operated in the past by speaking to old/older shooters (55+) at your local shooting venue.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have seen old walkways for the rings, which used to exist. Think even all those are gone now as well. Yesteryear.

JT

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
This site is useless for that type of information. Trapshooting was devised as a non lethal substitute to live bird shooting around the turn of the last century so no info here. Not 100% sure but rumor has it that this activity currently takes place on White House grounds by special invitation only. They are sponsored by the ACLU and NOW, and staffed by SEIU. If you would like more information, contact program directors Dennis Kucinich or Michael Bloomberg. Best of luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Buy a hunting license and eat what you shoot other wise shoot clays it's fun, safe and does not harm wildlife for entertainment.

·
Registered
695 Posts
This is a trapshooting forum JONNY D. Any such info can't be found on this site. Try livebirdshooting.com Should be able to get the info you need there. Wake up people. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.