Trapshooters Forum banner

Littleton Shot Maker

6150 Views 15 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  chipking
I know a guy who has one and he loves it. I have seen his shot and it looks fine. I was told if you get one to get one that is 220 volt. It works better then a 110 volt.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Actually no one has ever proved any birds have ever been poisoned by eating lead shot. We were all screwed by the environmentalist wackos on steel shot, but that is another story.

Lead can be dangerous, but it is not as bad an many people think.

The stanard precautions are: Cast outside like in a garage that has plenty of air circulation. Wear old long pants and shirts; you'll be working with 700 degree metal which doesn't like water or humidity. Don't eat, drink or smoke while handling lead. When you are all done and all cleaned up change your clothes and wash any exposed skin(face and hands) with plenty of soap and water. (Working surfaces can also be washed with powdered clothes detergent if used for other projects, but never use utensils for casting for any other purpose than with your lead.)

Lead needs to be combined with something else, which makes the compound soluble for our bodies to absorb through inhaling or swallowing. Lead oxide can be an odorless gas given off while melting lead. It can also be a white dust that will cling to everything in amounts you won't notice. Casting shot, bullets and fishing lures can be a lot of fun and safe if you use some common sense.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.