Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
My garage door started making noises when opening and closing the door. I Had no problem until I had the garage door recently painted. I was going to put WD40 on certain parts but a neighbor recommended that I use Lithium grease in a spray can.

I went to Ace hardware and they also recommended the same thing. It sprays out of the can in white and wondered can this stuff be used on lubricating gun parts? BTW, it really helped silence the noise I was hearing.
Thanks in advance,
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Steve it can but it is a rather long lasting lubricant that is quite messy in the uses I have tried.
It works fine in out of sight places is what I am trying to say.
I would not use it on my gun but others may have had good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Go with a tube applicator and Q Tip to spread it around. Spray is way to messy for fine application. WD40 is a very light lubricant and doesn't last very long. It's not meant to.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Find yourself some Lucas gun oil and forget the lithium grease on your guns. It attacks dirt quickly. The Lucas so so thick you only need a small amount of grease on hinge points if any at all

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Believe it or not there is rubber trim on the edges of the house that makes a seal with the door-,the rubber trims to be lubricated with white lithium grease-paint will stick to the garage door.

Phil Berkowitz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts