Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a littleton shotmaker and was wondering a bout the liquid the shot drops in, some said 3 parts water to 2 parts cutting and grinding oil would this be right if not or if it is i,m still open to suggestions i have a 7 gal tank my shot drops in any help app.thanks
Jerry

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I use undeluted anti freeze, its the easiest and cheapest option in my local area....aint no crop oil or affordable machine coolant around here.

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
I use antifreeze also. I do dilute it some. There is a forum on shotgun world in the reloading section that has more information than you can absorb.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I just made my first batch of shot this week and was tapped out for coolant and in a hurry to try. I put luke warm water in the cooler I modified to catch mine. I gave it a run with no exchange to pump cool water back in we ran 40pds. The water was hot but it was only 20degrees in the garage and 16 outside. It worked OK not exactly perfect round BUT looked good! Goopers were picked out by hand, put in old cake pans from yard sales, and dried over night.

This batch was made Friday evening I graphited it yesterday and loaded 100 for league this morning. It was 16 this morning and snowy here in NY but The Mrs shot 19-25 for a 44 and I a 20-23=43. The shot worked just fine just wished the weather was warmer to enjoy it.

Good luck Have fun!

Jerry Lewis

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I'm not sure you want to mix the lead into all your clothes. When I ran soap the shot always left some deposits in the bottom on the container.

Ajax

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.