Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Mix it about 40/60 to 50/50 with pure lead and all is good. That is, if a bullet caster doesn't beat you up and steal it for himself. LOL. Linotype is getting pretty scarce these days and it seems to be a prized possession. I'm sure a few shotmakes will chime in here.

ss

·
Registered
177 Posts
You could probably trade or sell it for shot to a bullet caster, the stuff is the best for bullets and getting hard to find

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have 5 "pigs" of Linotype. I wonder how much I could sell them for?

I got them several years ago to use to cast bullets by adding lead and tin to the Linotype.

Allen

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Linotype contains a percentage of tin for reducing surface tension, GOOD for bullet casting as it helps fill the sharp corners of the bullet mould. NOT good for shot making, surface tension is what makes the shot pellets nice and round.

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Lyman lists linotype as 84% lead 4% tin and 12% antimony with a brinell hardness of 22 and Lawrence shot as 92% lead 2% tin and 6% antimony and the brinell hardness of 15 They also list if you mix linotype 1 to 1 with pure lead you will get the ratio's of what Lawrence shot is made of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.