Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the trapshooting limited edition print by artist John Pritko 1990 is worth now. I have number 159/375 . This was a great print of a trapshooter standing on the 27 yard line. Towel at his side shooting vest on and leather shotgun case at his feet. What ever happened to the artist?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Often wondered the same thing, as I had one and sold it in 1995 for $200. I would doubt that they are many of them floating around for sale today. Not a great work, but special to some of us.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow he died a young man. Died two years after this print was made. I see he won the Pa handicap event in 1981. I love his picture. It sits framed in my living room with all my other Ata trapshooting items.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just seen the picture in this months issue of Trapshooting USA page 58 . A very limited edition print. Only 375 made in 1990.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I beleive that Mr. Pritko's limited edition print was commissioned by Frank Rively. Dr. Rively sold the prints at major Pennsylvania shoots over the years. I'd be surprised it there are any still available. It is possible. The picture in Trapshooting USA is of a retired Lehigh Valley Trapshooter's League trophy, on display at North End Rod and Gun Club in New Tripoli, Pennsylvania. One of the many Lehigh Valley clubs where John Pritko enjoyed our sport.

Play Dead

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I bought one of these prints from Doc Rively about two years back, and at the time, it sounded like he had a few left, not many though. Great looking print, reminds me I need to get mine framed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.