Trapshooters Forum banner

Limit IDs on TS.com

4215 Views 87 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  Hipshot 3
David & Fellow TS.com Posters,

This is getting to be a very serious problem-puts all of our credibility on the line. This needs this seprate thread on TS.com-so I'm starting this new thread

should this site require only registered people with only one personnel ID and one business ID to post messages on this site?

although we have 1st amendment rights that are protected by the second amendment, we have to reduce some freedoms so that this democracy doesnt slander posters or make them looks like fools

thats my solution

What sayest you?

Regards from Iowa.

Gene
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,205 Posts
I've long since thought real names should be used or be easily accessible. But what's to stop someone from using a phony name or number? I can say that I am ATA #44-09158, but how does anyone know that's legit? For that matter, what keeps a person from using another's number? We already have numerous "Genes".

Ed

· Registered
6,205 Posts
Whiz, I belong to numerous Internet organizations pertaining to handloading, rifle shooting, motorcycles, sprint car racing and so on. EVERY one of them (except this one) requires a valid email address to which the user name and temporary password are sent. Then, in the case of some of them, the probationary member must post something, preferably of an introductory nature, in the "new members" folder within 10 days or the user name is deleted. The thinking is that if you aren't going to at least contribute an intro to the site, they don't want you.

Also, ANY bad-mouthing or slandering of another member will get you barred from the site for 30 days; if there is a second occurrence, you're gone for good. Constructive heated discussions and differences of opinion are fine but some of the stuff on here would not fly.

If you'd like the email addresses of any of those site administrators, let me know (drop the "x" from the address above).

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.