Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are interested in lighting two more Trap fields at Blue Grass Traps. Let me preface this discussion by saying I am not very knowledgeable about this subject and I am requesting input from my learned shooting colleagues. There are some extenuating circumstances.

1. We have two fields lit by halogen bulbs which are very expensive due electrical draw.

2. Has your club used L.E.D. lighting and is it as good as the halogen?

3. I have been told our electrical box is not capable of adding 2 more poles with halogen bulbs .

4. If your club has utilized L.E.D. , and is doing a great job, what brand of bulb and your source?

5. Suggestions, thoughts, and ideas are welcomed.

Charlie Becknell

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Contact Whiz White, I do not know what he knows about the LED lights, but he helped us decide on lights for our range.

·
Registered
685 Posts
We replaced the lights on 2 of our fields last year with LED's the lighting is great. I will try and find out when I am at the club next and post the information.
Devonian.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
LED is the way to go when the cost of the fixtures goes down. We currently have the same lights that football stadiums have. Not cheap to run. I've talked to a number of electrical suppliers about led fixtures. They all told me to wait 2 years as the cost of led stadium lighting is too high currently to make it worth while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts