Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 1.125 oz charge bars dropping light charges on a Mec 9000. One bar drops 1.0051 oz. The second bar drops 1.0166 oz. of AA 7.5 shot. Is this a common thing?

·
Registered
123 Posts
the diameter of the hole was worked out using number 9 shot. this i got from mec rep. at the cardinal center . so that being said the bigger the shot the more space in between pellets . think about it.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
I think I got 1.09 ounces of number 8 the last time this subject came up. Weights may also vary by shot manufacturer and lots?

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I have two 1.125 oz charge bars dropping light charges on a Mec 9000. One bar drops 1.0051 oz. The second bar drops 1.0166 oz. of AA 7.5 shot. Is this a common thing?
[/QUOTE]

Where do you get AA shot?

keep in mind each brand of shot weighs differently…..the harder the shot is, typically the lighter it is. The MEC bar measures by volume, not weight.

So if you ream your bar out to weigh 1.125 with hard shot, and later buy a bag of softer, heavier shot, you will be over weight.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really don't remember where I got this shot. I have had it a long time, I'm getting to the bottom of my shot supply Textile Font Pattern Drink Linens
It is very dirty/dusty, perhaps an abundance of graphite?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts