Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Use the Microcell Cervelatti from Hastings Distribution. I put them on all my guns. 3 thickness. Thin, med and thick. 2 colors. Black and red
They have replaced kick eze, pachmeyer etc. I have no set time for replacement. Usually when I get the gun or it looks ratty

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Life depends on different things, one of those being how you mount your gun. Obviously, a shooting discipline requiring a "low-gun" mount would wear on a pad differently than a "pre-mounted" situation.

I do a lot of both because I shoot a lot of different clay target sports.

With that being said, I went to Kick-Ezz pads years ago and use them exclusively.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I think a Recoil Pad is like the tires on your car , they might still look ok but getting hard and loosing the purpose . I have changed some after 4 or 5 years because they got sticky but have some they might by close to 20 years old . Never used Kick- Ezz and like the Pachmyer .

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,040 Posts
I fit a new Microcell pad this morning, replacing the Kickeez on my Zoli.
Softer and not near as tacky. Half the price too.
I think sometimes a tacky pad will grab material and not find the “sweet spot” as easily as a smoother Microcell will.
You know you’ve done it...had your pad grab a handful of vest and know it’s not perfect but you call your target anyway, miss and kick your own ass for not starting over. I think a Microcell lessens the chance of this.

·
Well known trouble maker
3,225 Posts
The good folks at the Bi-Star Research & Development facility located next to the sheep pen in KS-OKIE'S backyard determined there was a need for a conventional recoil pad to complement their wildly successful "Recoil Pussy" product.

rECOIL PUSSY.jpg

Look for the new "Pussy Pad" from Bi-Star this spring at better sporting goods stores near you.

recoil pad.jpg

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I fit a new Microcell pad this morning, replacing the Kickeez on my Zoli.
Softer and not near as tacky. Half the price too.
I think sometimes a tacky pad will grab material and not find the “sweet spot” as easily as a smoother Microcell will.
You know you’ve done it...had your pad grab a handful of vest and know it’s not perfect but you call your target anyway, miss and kick your own ass for not starting over. I think a Microcell lessens the chance of this.
I have several Kick-EEZ and you have me thinking about the Kick-EEZ being a bit sticky and thinking maybe a coat or two of wax might help if that is a problem for some.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Test Results, several coats of Renaissance wax removed most of the sticky feeling on the pad and shined the sides up nicely also. I might do it to all of mine.
What is Renaissance wax. Paste?

I have a 1997 Perazzi and finally replaced the recoil pad last year. The rubber was still fine but the leather cover was starting to look bad. Perazzi pads are glued on so I hope the one on my new Perazzi lasts as long. It is not leather covered and the rubber material looks different. Time will tell.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've always used Pachmayr, but recently installed a limbsaver on a rifle. I had the rifle rebored from 6mm-06 to 9.3 X 62. It takes the bite out of that round and it trimmed up very nicely. Time will tell.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts