The "new york times"

All the news that's print to fit.

Going out of business?........GOOD!

AMF

Tom(AJ100)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I think it is the LA Times and Chicago Tribune that has filed - Tribune Company.

I hope I'm wrong though and it turns out to be the NY Times.

Circulation is down for all the nations newspapers. The clowns forgot to be news people and instead they thought their job was to kiss the butt of every liberal Democrap.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Bisi is correct, the Tribune Company filed Chapt. 11. They run eight or ten daily papers including the L.A. Times, Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun, Florida Sun-Sentinel, and Orlando Sentinel. They also have 23 tv stations including WGN in Chicago.

The N.Y. Times (all the news with a liberal bias) is in deep financial crap and has announced plans to borrow up to $225 million against their hq building in midtown Manhattan. They're not bankrupt... yet.

sissy

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
More and more people are getting their news from the Internet, not from newsprint.<br>
<br>
Combine that with a good portion of the population considering that the established media is irrelevant because of political bias, plus a bad economy, and you have a recipe for disaster. Disaster for the news industry.<br>
<br>
The media should have taken notice back when Rush Limbaugh and blogs started taking off. These came into being because there was a large segment of the population not being served by the mainstream media. Instead of analyzing the problem and taking corrective steps, the mainstream media simply chose to try to marginalize "right wing talk radio" and the blogs.<br>
<br>
Then the mainstream media tried to counter them, with their own liberal talk radio shows. These flopped. Why? Because there was no need for them. The left wing was saturated with liberal media. The right wing had the vacuum.<br>
<br>

·
Registered
16,534 Posts
Air America floats largely becaus Soros keeps injecting cash. For some reason the pukes don't want to take care of their own.

HM

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Wonderful news!!!!!! Let'em all go under.

Best uses so far......

1. cleaning windsheilds.
2. starting fires
3. leaving them in the driveway and running over them for about 4 days before
disposal
4. high school paper drives
5. packing material to ship your guns
6. shredded for cat box (plenty of crap in the paper and the box)
7. bird cage liner (mentioned in post above)
8. rolled up to beat democrats with
9. great for littering your democratic senators yard
10. wonderful for wrapping fish in to send to your political adversaries

Good for anything but reading.

Did I miss anything?

LOL Dave

·
Registered
16,534 Posts
I find it more than interesting. I find it soemwhat distressing now that they have grabbed the reins of our country.

HM

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
I like NPR, too, and was a regular donor, until this last election. I was really disappointed in the obvious slant shown on every political segment.

The music and science are really good. I still listen to the politics on NPR in the spirit (mine) of trying to be balanced and see all sides of an issue, but they really don't have balanced reporting.

I would pay for a newspaper that fairly showed issues from all sides, but I would rather get my information from radio and online. I get a lot of "live news" from just working here in the DC area.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I feel the same recurvy, even some of their stories are thought provoking and touching. I guess I'm a softie when it comes to the human condition but a hawk on defense and the budget. I still tear up when I see a kid hurting and they know how to play that for all it's worth.Use to contribute but not anymore.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The educational causes these liberal publications championed have resulted in a population of illiterates to stupid to read or reason. You reap what you sow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.