Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really worth it to play that option?I went to some shoots were I paid $10 to enter and got a check in the mail for 4,6,and $9 dollars.Sometimes you shoot a 99 in singles you get nothing and a score of 88 pays $100.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
It's gambling. Is any gambling really worth it in the end? That said, i play it and have had so/so luck. It's just some entertainment for me. My buddy has sh!t a$$ luck and hits it every freak'n time and he's not that great. It's the luck of the draw.

Matt

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just get a kick out of it when i first started shooting registered birds all i heard was all the money you could win at these shoots boy were they wrong.Good thing i love to shoot trap or i would have quit a long time ago.Around my area most people are not playing many options due to economy.If i can break even at a shoot i am very happy.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
How does the old joke go???? Question: How to have a million $ shooting trap? Answer: You start with $2 million and play the options. Regards, Ed

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your better off playing the lottery than trying to win the big money at the grand.You will spend most of the money trying to get there.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
"You will spend most of the money trying to get there."

I disagree. If you spend anywhere near $200,000 to get to and participate in the Grand no matter where your coming from, there is a serious issue. I'll be trying no matter how much i suck. LOL

Matt

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I get into them just because it's part of the game,if we start debating wheather it's worth it then your starting to put a price on your fun.As a Friend told me when I was beginning to complain about the price of Bass fishing,,,,,If you put a price on your fun things to do,then it won't be fun anymore.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Play it in the handicap. I use to shoot with a man who was rich. When he won a $5 or $10.00 lewis it was like Christmas morning to him. With all the thousands of dollars we have invested in equipment, play the Lewis. I always felt, even if I shot poorly, than if I hit the Lewis, I always felt like a winner.
Steve Balistreri

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
If you don't play it, and you miss a target,..what are you shooting for?

On the other hand, if you can't shoot at least an 87 in the event, save your Lewis money.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
A great tool for sandbaggers to collect money while shooting a low score inorder to get a handicap yardage reduction. HMB

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like to shoot trap, problem is, is that Im not that good at it. Why would I pay to shoot an event I have no chance at? with the lewis class I can still shoot with my friends have a good time and if Im lucky get a lewis class win. As I say, better lucky than good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.