Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
I think given the current times we live in the best powder is the available powder.
Never a truer statement. The reason for having that multiple powder "trick up your sleeve". I really liked Winchester powders for shotgun and pistol back in the late 70's into the 80's. Hercules's powders were always available and gave a good back up. Unique was a stand by that I especially liked for certain pistol loads. I loaded a TON of .223, 30-06 and 30-30 commercially using Winchester because it was cheap and gave me an acceptable velocity and good SD. I never found a WW powder I liked for Benchrest though. :cool:

Powder limitation inside city limits are pretty common, but mostly ignored by many.

Reactions: Harley Lekvold
As barbosa would say, I’m disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
I may or may not be in compliance with that particular edict.......[emoji1783]

....but, it is a P.I.A. that it is almost impossible to get an 8lb. jug of powder. Pretty much is impossible in state and online. Occasionally, you can get one face to face in an adjoining state.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Only 5 lbs of powder in a house? What kind of communist Horsepucky is that? I currently have over 30 lbs.
The same one that requires a 7 day waiting period for the purchase of "regulated" firearms (handguns and AR type long guns)...

...and a "Handgun Qualification License" in addition to the waiting period. Requires fingerprints, 16 different records checks, & $$$ ... This allows you to buy or rent a "regulated" firearm, not carry it!!! Because...

....a carry license requires all the above again, in addition to a "Good and Substantial" reason to carry. The net result is unless you carry funds the State cannot tax if stolen, you ain't gettin' it.....

.....hence, why I'm looking to put MD in the rear view this year!!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lagamor
For many years I used Alliant e3 for all my shotshell loads except bunker. 7/8, 1, 9/8, 45 ACP, 40 S&W and now 9mm minor. It is a superb powder. I didn't use Clays for two reasons. I liked e3 better and it had none of Clay's pressure spikes near max loads, especially for 40sw at major.

Clays is nice but expensive in comparison to red dot. Lots of 12ga guys are big advocates of it, myself included. Meters excellent, drops super consistent and is cheaper than clays. Plus it’s got little red dots in it, so it looks cool. :p

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.