Trapshooters Forum banner

Let’s talk powders

4K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  slowshooter 
Although it's nice to use only one powder for a number of applications I agree with others who think that having a few different powders that you can load with is a good idea. The proverbial putting all your eggs in one basket applies. Having at least two or three other options is just smart IMHO. Also remember when changing lots you need to start over again when it comes to rifle and pistol.

Good luck and all the best.

I think given the current times we live in the best powder is the available powder.
Never a truer statement. The reason for having that multiple powder "trick up your sleeve". I really liked Winchester powders for shotgun and pistol back in the late 70's into the 80's. Hercules's powders were always available and gave a good back up. Unique was a stand by that I especially liked for certain pistol loads. I loaded a TON of .223, 30-06 and 30-30 commercially using Winchester because it was cheap and gave me an acceptable velocity and good SD. I never found a WW powder I liked for Benchrest though. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.