Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know why Leo Harrison did not shoot thursdays doubles, Event # 22 the Sportswear Doubles? By not shooting this event he will not be eligible for the High Over All.

·
Super Moderator
5,107 Posts
Event 20 is the Champion of Champions. I don't know whether Leo was the Missouri State Singles Champion or not, but since it's not in the HOA, it doesn't matter whether he shoots it or not.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
V10 with all due respect it doesn't matter whether he shoots any events or not. I see it as being his business he shoots to satisfy Leo.

Not to satisfy every shooter in the Association. Give the guy the respect he deserves he is a big boy and can make his own decisions. I am also sure he is aware that when he doesn't shoot an event what the consequences are.

Bob Lawless

·
Super Moderator
5,107 Posts
Bob,

I was pointing out to DB Bill that Event 20 is not open to just any shooter.

Who shoots what and why doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Leo Harrison is a very down to earth person who is a credit to our sport and willing to talk with people. Here he is talking with a Jr. shooter after coming off the line of a shootoff!
biff_2008_030335.jpg

My opinion is that the Harrisons are the First Family of Trap! Biff
biff_2008_030336.jpg

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
As stated. It was not part of the 1000 target championship. B
eing postponed to Friday made it a 300 bird day in difficult conditions.

I'm sure many took the opportunity.

Jim c

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paul H Thanks for the info. I did not realize that that event was not in the HOA.

I was a little concerned because I know Leo quite well and know he would not miss the opportunity for the HOA. I was thinking that maybe something unexpected happened. I knew it was his intention to shoot the entire program.

BK

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bob Lawless (Ivanhoe), The inquiry regarding Leo's non-entry in event # 22 was out of concern for Leo. It was not a criticism of his choices but you missed the point as usual.
BK

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
kbf

"The inquiry regarding Leo's non-entry in event # 22 was out of concern for Leo. It was not a criticism of his choices but you missed the point as usual.

Well of course I did the only part that is confusing is you asked about event 22 and V10 answered with,

"Event 20 is the Champion of Champions. I don't know whether Leo was the Missouri State Singles Champion or not, but since it's not in the HOA, it doesn't matter whether he shoots it or not."

Then you thanked him for the information so you will have to tell me how event 20 and 22 don't make two different events???? So I don't see his name in either event.

BTW if you were truly concerned about Leo you would have given him credit for knowing where he stands and what he is doing. Also I could give two hoots for what you think is usual.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just finishing up my spreadsheet for payouts...something to keep me into the Grand since I'm not ther...Looks like Leo made around $19600 for his shooting over the past two weeks, plus the $5000 from the Martins for making the shootout.

He made the most by far....awesome shooter and even better man!

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
FOR THE RECORD: On preliminary week Leo shot only the handicap events, plus one doubles race. On grand week he shot all 1000 HOA targets and won the HOA. Considering the heat, he wanted to conserve his energy/efforts for the big shoot off on Saturday night. Even Leo gets hot and tired....

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Sooo, Karla, where were YOU when Leo was getting hot and tired, hmmmmmm???

(tongue in cheek)

Jim Chapman

Hell, Michigan

·
Registered
421 Posts
As Bum Phillips used to say about Earl Campbell:
"He may not be in a class by himself, but it don't take long to call the roll!"
John

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Karla, What a lame excuse. Leo MUST shoot every taget whether hes tired or not. We expect that from him. You know Im just messin with you. Great man and hell of a shooter and needs abreak once in a while.
Chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.