Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missouri lost another GREAT shooter today around 3:00pm. Leo Sr. ( age 97 ) went to shoot trap with Leo III today and you can bet they will keep the firing line hot. He was a true Gentleman in every aspect of the word.
Steven J Fuller

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Rest in Peace Leo. One of the nicest, kindest humans ever on this earth. Joe Clements, Bill Lyons, Larry Cox, George Herron and Leo Sr. are all together again to fill that old squad.

Condolences to family and friends...

milt palasota

Camdenton, MO

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
Sorry to hear that, condolences sent

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
That's so sad. Sympathies aand prayers are sent. Charlie

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Anyone wishing to make a memorial contribution may donate to the Missouri Trapshooing Association at Linn Creek. Grandad was a vital part of the board of directors (state treasurer)for over 40 years. You can send to MTA or to the funeral home. The website for the funeral home is www.smithfuneralhomeand chapel.com His obit is listed here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
About 30 years ago I used to shoot benchrest matches with Leo Sr. in St. Louis At that time, he was an active competitive "stool shooter." A real gentlemen, and liked by all.

JERRY

·
Registered
638 Posts
A group of us were visiting the USA from Downunder (very early 2000's) and were fortunate enough to be asked to have supper with Leo, Karla & the girls along with Leo senior and his wife (Grandpa and Grandma).

What a night of great stories and humour (especially from Leo Senior and wife), we have been very fortunate to visit the USA on many occassions but this supper was a stand out memory to us.

I remember at either the 97 or 98 Iowa State watching in awe as Leo senior along with his Buddies Larry Cox, Joe Clements, George Herron (Karla's Dad) and I think Al Tomnitz made up the squad (not really sure on Al Tomnitz but I think it was) smoke was the order of the day, I could not believe these guys could smoke targets like they did.

What a squad of talented seniors, take away the years and they were just a squad of young guys having a great time.

I remember Al was called for a shoot off and the rest of the guy's were standing in a circle and Joe Clements called Al over as he passed for the shoot-off, Joe said with a look of concern on his face Al I have something in my pocket for you just before you go to the line.

Al looked puzzled and said what is it, Joe pulled his hand out of his pocket with his middle finger protruding by itself and said good luck !

Such was the humour of these great friends, now all together again.

How lucky we have been to meet these wonderful human beings.

Respectfully....Gary Kennerson 96 05145

1 - 20 of 21 Posts