Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order a pair of lenses strictly for shooting' I have the frames and a gift certificate to cover the cost of new lenses. Single vision rather than the progressives that I wear regularly so what color works best? I have a pair of dark brown single vision sun glasses that work well on bright days but when dusk comes it gets tough.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Before i bought my Randolph Ranger CMT lenses.

I used vermillion which work very well in just about all back grounds and conditions. I even used them at night and they worked really well too! But if you have the money and also the ranger frames. Spend the 80-90 dollars to get the CMTs they are awesome!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Went to eye Doc and asked for purple ones to see hard one in sun. He said I'm so color blind I would have to mark them to change lens and being CB no color would help. Hee Hee Jon

·
Registered
519 Posts
Its a reddish purplish color. It helps people with red green color deficiency. It works really well in tree backgrounds, and fairly well against sky. If you ever have to shoot against corn though, switch to another color if possible.

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Since you already have brown tinted glasses for bright situations, consider clear or very light gold (Decot #10 gold, for example) for night or low light conditions. Best Regards, Ed

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Decot recommends the lightest shade you can tolerate without squinting. I use Lite Target Orange on a dark day but I'm sensitive to bright sunlight and would squint my eyes with them on a bright day. I like Vermillion but they are too dark for me on a cloudy day.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
I use target bronze. Decot has told me that this is their most popular color. I have in the past also used a light purple and it was much better than I thought it would.

I would not buy any color without looking at a few targets through the lens. Vendors at larger shoots will help you do that. At a smaller shoot, other shooters will be glad to let you look through their glasses.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
The right color might depend on you being color blind or not. I am color blind to red and green and salmon color works best for me. HMB

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pat gave sound advice. Lens color is in "the eye of the beholder". What works for one person may not for another. Go to shoots where the venders will let you view targets with different colors, before choosing. Personally I like vermillion against a green background. On bright days I like CMTs. In the winter I go with light orange. Try before you buy.

·
5,457 Posts
ditto on the "test drive, before you buy" recommendations,

Jay

·
Registered
986 Posts
Got this with the last set I bought.

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=lenscolors.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.