Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for some lens recommendations for shooting sunny days with a green background. I'm also looking for a good lens for over cast days (sky background and green background). Right now I have Decot Hy wyds with ColorMags, Target Orange light medium, and V-Lite Rose Light Medium #1

Are there any other lenses you feel I should try for my above mentioned situations and where do you feel is the best place to get them other than Decot themselves?

Thanks!
Hunter

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
I'm just going to suggest you hit one of the big shoots with a vendor for Decot or Ranger and look thru the lenses yourself. That way you can get what really works for you and not what works for someone else....

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should be able to find something at the Minnesota State shoot. I'll try my best to find something there but was just looking for some opinions

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: I use Rudy Project Rydon glasses. I have different color lenses for different light conditions. I use the Photochromic series if the day goes from sunny to cloudy since the lens adjust to the light conditions. I am using the Photochromic Brown right now and really like them. They help make the target pop with the green background. Not sure what Decot have that is comparable? Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hey guys, looking for some lens recommendations for shooting sunny days with a green background. I'm also looking for a good lens for over cast days (sky background and green background). Right now I have Decot Hy wyds with ColorMags, Target Orange light medium, and V-Lite Rose Light Medium #1

Are there any other lenses you feel I should try for my above mentioned situations and where do you feel is the best place to get them other than Decot themselves?

Thanks!
Hunter
I like the v-lite Rose lite for almost all conditions.

jack mc

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just got my first pair of Rx lens in light purple and after a couple weeks ordered a pair of autumn gold
transitions to cover other conditions. After several months I have yet to use the newer lens. Sky and tree background.
Bill

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
I just got my first pair of Rx lens in light purple and after a couple weeks ordered a pair of autumn gold
transitions to cover other conditions. After several months I have yet to use the newer lens. Sky and tree background.
Bill
On a tree & sky background Purple both light and dark work, followed by vermillion--I have autumn gold also, but make sure there are no clouds, photo chromatic lens don't respond all that quickly--thats another reason to stay away from CMT also--if a cloud comes in you're blind as a bat

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
139 Posts
At the world shooting complex in Sparta IL there is a vendor called Morgan Optical. Usually they have a wheel of lens colors in front of their building. I would try it out because they have almost every color and shade. It also helps that there building is in front of a trap, so you may get to see some targets.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
At the world shooting complex in Sparta IL there is a vendor called Morgan Optical. Usually they have a wheel of lens colors in front of their building. I would try it out because they have almost every color and shade. It also helps that there building is in front of a trap, so you may get to see some targets.
Wayne Morgan is first class, unless you don't have the same background as what you normally shoot at the wheel of color doesn't mean a thing

Phil Berkowitz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts