Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 magazines that I would like to sell. They are 9mm clips for a Sig Sauer and they are 13 shot clips. I don't know that much about hand guns and don't know if they are considered " hi capacity " or not. Need a little help. Thanks in advance. Dan. (Md)

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
They're standard capacity magazines, probably for a P228 or P229.

The political term is "high capacity clip", arbitrarily pegged at 10 rounds nationally to coincide with mag bans. In NY an 8 round mag now is "high capacity". In Colorado over 15 rounds is "high capacity". See how that works? The Sig/Sauer mag that actually is "high capacity" is the optional 20 round mag, because it's not a standard mag.

You could run an ad here and put the usual disclaimer that the buyer must reside in a state where such magazines are legal, and it is their responsibility to comply with the law. But states like California, NY, NJ, and the other usual anti-gun states should send up a red flag.

Also, state that you believe they are for a P-228 or P-229 in 9mm, but they are being sold "as-is".

As far as IDing the mags, I've posted a link to a Midway page for them. Also their price is $40 per mag, so if you set yours under that with also taking some shipping and money order costs into consideration, you should be able to get a buyer. Maybe $25 to $30 each if in decent shape. Maybe a bit more if perfect, never used.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Be very careful shipping a prohibited item into a state. You may think you are escaping liability by saying "buyer must determine legality of ownership", but you are not. Felonies and hi-grade misdemeanors are expensive to defend. I am not giving you any legal advice, nor am I advising as to what is or isn't legal in the various states. I am just cautioning you to be careful. Assuming you are well-versed in the laws of your own state, and the magazine is legal where you reside, just head to a local gun show and turn it into cash.

Paul

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
I know the 10 round+ magazine prohibited list includes at least NY, MA, CT, CA, HI, DC, and Maryland.

BTW, gentlemen, it's magazine, not clip. Clip is the device used in M1 Garand.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Clip? What's a friggin clip? It's a magazine, not a "C" clip or any other kind of clip, not even a tie clip. It's a friggin magazine!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K-dude that's a great answer, funny as well. I did cover my bases though once I said magazines and the next I said clips. I was right once. (LOL) Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The gun show route seems easiest. ~~~ Dan.

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
I was told a clip is what you use to hold papers together.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Rick,

Being from Colorado, I'm surprised you left out "Roach Clips".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts