Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I some times see the side of the barrel when mounting the gun. I think that my right eye may not be dominate enough causing cross eye shooting. Saw a guy at the club with one lens darker than to other so I tried it, I think it helps I have not seen the side barrel when I did it. Has anyone had any experience with this. I need to order prescription lens and want to know more before I try to order the lens different. Thanks Tom

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I had Decot V-lite #0 and #2 lenses, noticed my left eye sometimes took over. Put the #2 in left sidd, #0 in the right side, stopped the problem. BUT, I went to the eye doctor and got a new prescription afterwards. I suggest you do the same.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All my lens are plan this will be my first prescription lens. What is the difference from #0 and #2 I was useing a red on left and yellow on right Thanks Tom

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
We have an Optometrist on this forum who has the research that addressed this technique and found that the off shoulder lens needs to be very much darker to have any real effect. There are other methods of occlusion like the tape patch that are more reliable for crossfire.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I disagree Euro-Joe.

If you are closing one eye you are asking your brain to do an involuntary action, so you have in fact shifted some degree of brain power and or concentration to closing they eye. If you open it which is easy for your mind to do when you are looking for something! You'll pick it up instantly with the "master eye" and usally I think shoot way behind one way and way in front the other way.

The dot or tap allows you to not have to think about keeping an eye closed and sti allows you to use you side vision in that eye, but when you look straight down the barrel the taped eye cannot focus or see the target.

I have been taped for over 30 years and it works great for me.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
You can buy an occluder like pistol shooters use. Just clips on the side of your glasses you want to block, some even flip up when you don't need it. See URL above...Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.