Trapshooters Forum banner

Left Handed Perazzi MX8 Type IV Anton stock

1779 11
Selling this beautiful and rare left handed custom stock made by Russ Anton in the early to mid-eighties.

$800 complete as pictured... shipped USPS Priority for free.

Collectible and/or functional .... Higher roll-over comb for a taller or adjustable rib MX Perazzi. Stock came off of a DB81 o/u to give you an idea of the comb height. Would work well on an MX15, MX2000-10. MX2000RS and many others. Length of stock when mounted on a receiver with the 1" Kickeez was 14.5".. I don't have a # for the drop at the nose or heel. The stock comb basically appears to be parallel. Comfortable mid-size LH palm swell and the Anton Signature rosewood grip cap... Excellent condition, ... no chips or cracks

Sale includes a closely matching original Perazzi forearm, stock bolt tool and a second recoil pad with spacer that has the correct screw placements but is slightly longer than the stock itself,... ( for fitting if you care to use it).

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Luggage and bags Flooring

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Russel Anton history by Neil Winston:
A visit to Anton was something you would never forget. Getting there in the early morning, you would be ushered into his basement shop where he had some wood, a couple of saws, every kind of chisel you can imagine with matching mallets and a few stocks hanging from bent clothes hangers waiting for more checkering from Mrs. Anton or another spray of finish.

Though he had no doubt made hundreds - probably thousands - of MX-8 stocks, he had no tooling or jigs whatsoever. He started with a block of the wood you selected and a mallet and a chisel and that's how he ended, about 1 PM.

All the time you heard old-time Christian hymns from upstairs and might think the radio was on. No, it was Mrs. Anton on her organ. Her husband said he had bought her every kind of "home" organ up to Hammond, but finally moved up to the only proper instrument, a genuine pipe organ and this was her second one. When we went up for the fine lunch she had prepared I marveled at the really, really top-notch instrument she had been playing and the array of brass pipes and such in the small living room which supported it. I'll tell you, when you have heard a big-time pipe organ played in a Waterloo living room you have heard religious music played at its most impressive! She was really good at it too and the low notes would set your whole body into vibration and it was really something.

A few weeks later I picked up the stock and while I must say it never matched my own pounded out to Neil Diamond in my garage, there are still experiences which are worth it no matter what and getting an Anton stock was, for me, one of those experiences.

Neil
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It turns out that my Anton stock is a Hillmer, Paul Hillmer is Russ Anton’s son-in-law... very cool. Anton stock for sure, but made by HIllmer. The ivory type spacer and the ivory dot in the pistol grip is the giveaway.

Reactions: JACK

· Vendor
20,938 Posts
Just a FYI. The finish Anton used was older chemistry and tended to "craze" over time. When HIllmer took over he corrected that with a finish that did not dry out.

· Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know... and yes it would.

Grand America is an MX8 step rib unsingle combo. The rib is not as tall as the DB81 this stock came to me on. So, check the pictures. you need to expect to see a little rib between the mid and rear sight ... other words - a higher poi that your Grand America factory set up... maybe that’s what you want?

· Premium Member
382 Posts
I know... and yes it would.

Grand America is an MX8 step rib unsingle combo. The rib is not as tall as the DB81 this stock came to me on. So, check the pictures. you need to expect to see a little rib between the mid and rear sight ... other words - a higher poi that your Grand America factory set up... maybe that’s what you want?
Thanks for the information. I get confused with all of the models out there. I’m new to Parazzi guns.

J

· Premium Member
491 Posts
Just curious if the buttstock (wood) is stamped Hillmer? I have 2 stocks that are stamped Hillmer. I can tell you this for a fact - if it was a RH stock it would not have made it past the 1st day listed and I would be now searching for a DB81. Awesome stock and will make some Lefty a happy owner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.