Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
The carrier is different and not interchangeable. The safety also moves in the opposite direction. Other than that, they are identical.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
The carrier has a little tab that sticks up on the side that is to the ejection port. Right hand trigger, tab on the right. Left hand trigger, tab on the left. As mentioned, safety is reversed, and not designed to be reversible. You can get an aftermarket safety that converts right hand safety to left hand. Either trigger assembly will work in either gun, as well as 11-87s. I once bought a right hand 11-87 gun with a left hand trigger assembly in it, and didn't notice it until I tried to use the safety. It was in a right hand gun and worked fine. Mark

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
"Either trigger assembly will work in either gun, as well as 11-87s."

As long as you swap out carriers to match the gun. You cannot use a left hand carrier in a right hand gun, or vice versa.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
You can and I have. The tab on the carrier is designed to keep the shell in line when it travels from the magazine to the chamber, and not fall out of the ejection port. Unless you are tipping your gun sideways, it's not a problem. When I had my left hand trigger in my right hand gun, I tried to make it malfunction, and couldn't do it. Mark

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
The carrier is side-specific, and not interchangeable. If you want it to work properly, you need to swap the carrier out to match the ejection port.

How many thousands of shells did you run w/ your LH trigger to determine it wouldn't be a problem? I imagine Remington created side-specific carriers for a reason, and tipping the gun sidewads wasn't one of them.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I just changed an 870 right hand release to use in a left hand 870. All I changed was the carrier and the trigger functions as it should... I would "assume" that the 1100 triggers do the same... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
If having the tab on the correct side of the carrier makes you feel better, then swap it out. I'd try it the way it is first to see if it causes a problem. It definately won't, if all you shoot is trap singles. I was told the tab was a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, by a long time LH 1100 shooter. Mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am a very long time
LH 1100 shooter, that tab holds the live shell in the chamber as the bolt shuts. If it were to jam with the primer exposed and the bolt shuts just right, God help you! Have you ever seen a blown up 1100? It's not pretty. The carrier costs about $20 whole trigger $110. Safety first, last and always.
Glenn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.