Trapshooters Forum banner

left hand opening o/u

3111 Views 22 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  waldedw
Was talking with local Browning representative who says that beginning in August, that left handed brownings will open with a left throw of of the lever. That got me thinking, who else makes left throw left handed o/u. Fire away.
Reactions: Trap/Skeet
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,394 Posts
I don't know if they were one of the first to offer one but Blaser has had one out for a few years. A friend of mine has one that he let me try and after 40 years of opening the O/U gun by pushing the lever over with my thumb I just couldn't get used to it being the other way around.

· Registered
15,232 Posts
The interesting thing is that Brownings don't really need it, they have a relatively short throw already, Krieghoff is basically the same although has a heavy top lever spring so it may help some. Blaser has a long throw, so it could definitely be an asset there. I wish you could do it with a Perazzi, the throw is too far for me to comfortably be able to open the gun the way I'm use to as a lefty.

· Registered
1,122 Posts
The interesting thing is that Brownings don't really need it, they have a relatively short throw already, Krieghoff is basically the same although has a heavy top lever spring so it may help some. Blaser has a long throw, so it could definitely be an asset there. I wish you could do it with a Perazzi, the throw is too far for me to comfortably be able to open the gun the way I'm use to as a lefty.
I agree on all points. The Brownings really don't need it, but I wouldn't mind trying one. On my K80 I would definitely like to have one. It does have a pretty heavy spring but I am getting used to it. I'm planning on having an annual done at the grand and I may talk to them about changing it to open the other way. I also had a hard time getting used to the throw distance on my MX8 and TM1. When they have a new locking block the lever seems a long ways away from my thumb! Definitely not a deal breaker, just an observation.

· Registered
346 Posts
I think I would have a difficult time. I remember how screwed up everything seemed when I bought a Left Handed 870 Trap in the 80s, had to change where everything went…loaded shells, empties, even the towel had to be reversed. The thought of trying to remember to pull the lever instead of push is 🤪

· Registered
1,122 Posts
I think I would have a difficult time. I remember how screwed up everything seemed when I bought a Left Handed 870 Trap in the 80s, had to change where everything went…loaded shells, empties, even the towel had to be reversed. The thought of trying to remember to pull the lever instead of push is 🤪
I have an Left hand 1100 Trap that I don't ever shoot for the same reason.

· Registered
1,122 Posts
That is a good gun no shells or powder blowing back at you.
I've shot my right handed 1100 Trap so much I don't notice any of that. It's my favorite gun. My daughter is shooting it now, so I don't get to shoot it very often. I've been shooting my 870 TC lately and really enjoying it too. I have a left handed son who is shooting the LH 1100. I'll probably just give it to him.

Reactions: Shutnlar1

· Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Was talking with local Browning representative who says that beginning in August, that left handed brownings will open with a left throw of of the lever. That got me thinking, who else makes left throw left handed o/u. Fire away.
I’ll bet they don’t do it. They don’t like to complicate buyers purchasing decisions. That’s why all 725 models have that same generic bland canvas like receiver finish.
We will see...

· Registered
15,232 Posts
I’ll bet they don’t do it. They don’t like to complicate buyers purchasing decisions. That’s why all 725 models have that same generic bland canvas like receiver finish.
We will see...
They are already available in Europe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.