Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a had tooled leather gun case some years ago. It's awesome,lined with what I think is lambs wool. Recently the zipper is off track, I've tried a saddle shop and two leatehr shops and no luck. It's a great gun case that I want to repair , any ideas on where to send it would be a great help. It was made for a friend of mine that past away and his wife gifted it to me.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That's odd a saddle shop could not help you out. How about just going to a dry cleaners and asking who does their repairs and alterations.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The only place I have ever dealt with is University Shoe & Luggage Repair in Hamilton, NJ. They fixed some hunting gear for me. Strong language barrier but you can Google them and see if they can help you.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was given a had tooled leather gun case some years ago. It's awesome,lined with what I think is lambs wool. Recently the zipper is off track, I've tried a saddle shop and two leatehr shops and no luck. It's a great gun case that I want to repair , any ideas on where to send it would be a great help. It was made for a friend of mine that past away and his wife gifted it to me.
Try a luggage repair company. There are good as they have have repaired my luggage that the airlines tore up and I was always satisfied.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Try to replace the slide yourself,I use small vise-grips to clamp tighter slide to the teeth.Also material shops sell replacement slides or get online.Check you tube probably a video on there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts