Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a picture of my son, lcdr david bowen flying an f-5. plane and pilot are about the same age--37. some of you may have met him when he was with me at the grand in vandalia and other shoots. the picture was taken in december in key west where his squadron is based. his other job is flying 727s for fed ex.

proud dad,

bruce bowen

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the nice comments and e-mails.

jim w. i'm afraid the only ride you or i will be getting is in my cessna 140! both of us are far to big to get in an f5. plus i'm sure we would test our proficiency with a barf bag.

bb

·
Registered
682 Posts
Bruce, tell David is he ever gets to LNAS to stop by Kingsburg and see some of his old shooting friends. We still shoot on Tuesday evenings and Sundays.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vince

will do. david has fond memories of LNAS and all you guys at kingsburg.

i saw cliff at the s.h.o.t. show and he told me the tuesday night league is going strong.

bb

·
Registered
113 Posts
VFC squadrons are "adversary" squadrons barfin. The F-5 is supposed to resemble a mig, i.e. faster, tighter turning, etc. They resemble the T-38 supersonic trainer. They are very efficient little aircraft using about one third the fuel of an FA-18.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PLEASE NOTE CONCERNING THE USE OF THE ATTACHED PICTURE:

This photo was not taken by me. It was taken by a photographer and author named Adrienne Downing in November, 2010 during a research visit to Naval Air Station Key West. This photo is copyrighted and is considered her property. The picture was given to me by my son with her permission and is not for reproduction outside T.S. Com. Any reproductions require her consent. Her website is www.smugmug.com

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Bruce Bowen

·
Registered
965 Posts
no pic here eaither,,,but best wishes to your son and all in service to our country,,,Bruce taking this chance to say hi , and thanks again for the trigger work you did on my M-70 win,,, was out there 2007 bike week,,, enjoyed your tour of the place and playing with the pups

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.