Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not suggesting throwing them for competition but maybe if they would "sponsor" a practice trap at the Grand so the shooters that have never shot them, could. They might even pick some customers up.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I shoot at 4 clubs where 2 throw WF and 2 throw Lawry's and I have never heard anyone say which is better. It is like the Ford Chevy thing. The main difference is the money they save on targets.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I would say Lawry targets are every bit as good as White Flyers, and in fact probably more consistent from lot to lot.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
SC,

"albeit a long time ago". Therein lies the truth. Put 'em in the trap machine now, alternating columns with WFs and you will not see a difference. Unfortunately, they are getting pricey right along with the WFs now.

Respectfully,

Jon Reitz

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Didn't the WF plant burn last week? Also the Lawry boxes say Made with US products. I think WF supplies Lawry with molds?? Not sure. Dave T.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Dave- The pitch plant that supplies the main raw mat'l for the targets burned, not the WF plant. And I'd highly doubt that Lawry got his moulds for WF, since the design is completely different.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Lawry's were very dirty when we tried several pallets of them. Has this changed recently. They required way too much cleaning on our GMV's.

Ed

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Well I just heard Lawry target price just went up. I was involved in target purchase from them last year they were pleasant to deal with. The Big truck driver was cool as heck and helped.

The targets are made with US product and well CANADA AINT CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also think they may want to look into reclaiming targets like the lead!!! I know infront of out main 2 traps the broken pieces are bout 2 feet deep!!!

I tried useing a Clay target as a lead mold 1 time they melt real good LMAO wont happen ever again!!!

Jerry Lewis

·
Registered
767 Posts
we throw lawry targets at our club and they break just fine. they dont seem to
"smoke" like white flyers but they break just as easily and we get no complaints.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Our club took delivery of a full truck load of Lawry targets two weeks ago Price delivered was $8.65/case. We have used them for the last 15 years I have been associated with the club and I do the machine maint. on the traps, no dirt issues here. I remove the magazines 2X per year for a vac.and greasing. The delivery truck is always stopping somewhere on the return trip to pickup something for the manuf. process (paint, cardboard, etc.).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.