Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know shoot reports are required to be forwarded ( I assume that means post marked) with 8 calendar days after a shoot. The rules say this is to avoid a "Fine" of $25.00 for the FIRST offense and $100.00 for the second offense. If the fine IS NOT paid the amount is too be deducted from the state rebate. Is this penalty IN FACT enforced?? I shoot a lot at a club in a neighboring state. They are OFTEN very late with their shoot reports to the ATA. In fact some of us are still waiting on a shoot report to be posted from 22 days ago. Do these club actually get fined or is it an unenforced mandate? Just asking.

·
Registered
20,909 Posts
It is enforced.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
If you live in Canada it takes an average of 7 days for First Class mail to arrive in either direction. Years ago I had a reduction nullified by the ATA computer because the snail mail was so slow I kept shooting at my old yardage unaware of the letter. That little line about obviously shooting out of State was totally ignored.

·
Registered
884 Posts
If the fines were really enforced, a club in Southern California would be broke. If their scores show up in 4 months you are lucky. And that is only after lots of people bug them about missing scores. "We sent them in right after the shoot." But several months worth seem to show up at the same time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know our club was fined for a late submission once. Canada Post screwed up the postage and the envelope was returned for insufficent postage. I explained the situation to the ATA and they ignored the fine.

Submitting within the required time frame is one thing. And the ATA entering scores is a different matter. I can understand that at certain times of the year that there's a back log of shoot reports to enter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts