Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a really good day at the local ata shoot. My scores weren't good enough to win anything, 97 singles and 96 in caps, but that 96 was what I needed to get my last punch to the 27. When I started shooting caps in 2013 I didn't know if I would ever get there. That punch feels better than any trophy I ever got.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Congratulations on making your goal...!!!!
The first trip to 27 is always the best.
Coupla things come to mind that I'd like to share.
1. If your scores legitimately don't hold up and you EARN a legitimate reduction by all means Take It. Don't feel bad about leaving the 27. Stay at the yardage you EARN wherever it is and you'll enjoy shooting more than if you stubbornly remain at the 27 and shoot poor scores.
2. Sorry to say, but as we all know a 96 these days doesn't demonstrate a winning mastery of a shooters current yardage and should not be the trigger to push him or her back a yard.

All that said...it is the trigger...you MADE IT.... and I say again...CONGRATULATIONS...!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the back fence. It's an honor that is not earned by everyone.

27 yard line since 2006.

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
Welcome to the fence! You achieved a goal of getting there so your next goal is to maintain an average that will keep you there. It may take you several 1000's of targets to obtain the improvements at the new yardage you seek. Yardage reductions are an option for those who shouldn't shoot from the 27 or can't shoot from there due to some limitations. Have fun and savor these moments of achievement! Ralph

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Welcome to the back fence. Getting there is quite an accomplishment. As hard as it was for us to get here, it is sometimes much harder to maintain the average necessary to stay here. The point here is: Don't let up now that you've made it. Now the real work begins. As mentioned above, if you can't maintain the average to stay here, don't be hesitant to take a reduction. There are many of us on the 27, me included, that teeter-totter between the 25-27 yard line trying our hardest to keep up our averages. It takes a long time to master the 27, and, as it's trapshooting, many of us never really do....

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Rob, we enjoyed shooting with you also. It's always much more fun to shoot with a squad that's compatible.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts