Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Argentina 2/12 to 2/15. Six hunts, 1/2 day, two full days and 1/2 day. Said I would report back on my bucket list trip and to tell the truth, it's better than anyone can describe or capture on video. 7 man group, 5 star lodge to ourselves in the middle of the largest roosting area in Cordoba. Actual 5 to 10 minute drives to shooting.

Rented guns (Beretta's and Benelli's) everything said and done cost $5,000. including airfare from Louisville, KY. Group of 7 took 15,684 doves with a 75.91% overall and had a shell bill of $10,388. Buenos Aires was nice (overnight) and the culture is refreshing. Estancia owners are refreshingly amenable to whatever you want, the people are frindly and the wingshooting is Mexico quadrupled and safe. This is based on 3 trips to Mexico for Doves, Ducks and Quail. My best day was 818 doves and my total Kill was 2351 on 116 boxes of shells. Thanks for earlier responses, I'll check out all your recommendations! I'm Going Back! Eddie Quire

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Holy Cow!! You guys slaughtered 'em. Glad you had a good trip.

Matt

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matt, it was fabulous! C'mon you guys, give me some feed back! I'm not a doctor or lawyer, just an average joe and I know some of you other average Joe's have been! Got back tuesday 2:00 pm and was shooting trap again at 3:00 pm wed. Is this a great country, or what?

Eddie Quire

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
APrice, was leaving that part out since I've been a one woman man for over 25 years but for the most part they were stunning! Superb figures, perfect skin and raven black hair! My hunt leader calls Argentina the Butt Capital of the World!

I believe I agree.

Eddie Quire

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
Ok==I'll jump in...........going on my 5th trip July 1-9. This time to Uruguay. My 1st trip was in 2003 and that was to Uruguay. Then 3 trips to Argentina. We felt it was too far a trip to go for 3 days and just shoot doves--so--we stay longer and shoot ducks, perdiz, pigeons and fish for dorado. Our trip this year is 5K from Miami plus shells and tips. The 5k includes 2 gun permits, all licenses and a short charter flight inside of Uruguay. The people are terrific--they love Americans--and your dollar goes a long way. Our shell bill is manageable because you don't burn up a lot of ammo on ducks and perdiz. The duck limit is 25 and perdiz is 8. We will have 5 full days and 2 half days on this trip. If you get a chance to fish for Golden dorado--do it. A magniicent hard fighting fish! It's a trip that everyone who likes to hunt and fish will really like.

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
I used TREK for all except last year. I booked with Tomas Frontera direct last summer. All trips were excellent.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
dead birds, dead birds, dead birds, dead, dead, dead...

Whaddya just leave 'em layin' out there to rot or something?

I love it, please tell...for the benefit of Joe Kuhn and the other "animal brothers."

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chichay, our group used Sporting Adventuures International (joe Miles, South Carolina) handled the booking. Good web site and the price shown can be beat about 50% if you take a group of 7 to 8.

Boomer, thanks a bunch for the TREKS info and the overview of Uruguay. Although I was second oldest in my 7 man group, I've also decided the travel is too long and hard not to add something else. The Duck, Dove, Perdiz, Dorado combo sounds even better than what we did. We originated from Louisville , Ky and flew Delta until Buenos Aires then it was Airgus to Cordova.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I plan do a dove trip hopefully in the next year, and combine it with a Patagonia fly fishing trip as well....man, some of the pics from these trips are amazing. Looks like fun!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Remember guys, the seasons are exact opposites. You are as far south of the Equator in Cordoba as we are north of it in central Ky.

Another thing I found suprising is shells costing $12.50 a box that are produced in Argentina. Not complaining but wonder what they actually cost there? Anyone have a clue?

Eddie Quire

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
The shells are a serious profit center for the "Estancias"! I've paid as much as $14 a box. As for the game that is shot--every single duck and perdiz gets consumed by the lodges, the locals or the bird boys and their families. We have often had locals waiting at the duck marshes to share the birds! Some of the doves get eaten, some are used for hog feed. Every reasonable effort is made to pick up all the birds and every single empty hull is policed up too! When you leave a place--it would be hard to tell anyone was there! Here's a duck pic from last summer! Shooting lead for ducks is a reminder of how it used to be here in the states. We used 20ga. #5's. Very effective on decoying ducks. Can't wait to go back.
boomer_2008_0303854.jpg

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Very impressive, Bill. Thanks for sharing a picture. I wonder why more shooters, who are also hunters on this site, don't start posting some pics of their adventures, no matter where in the world you have been, for the rest of us to look at !!!!!!?????.......Now I can place the name with a "face". These opportunities to hunt different places should be taken,....life is too damn short..........Rob G.

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
OK--here's another 3 pics from last summer in Argentina. The Estancia had 3 yellow labs-a mom and 2 offspring--that went with us while dove hunting. They got quite a workout retrieving doves! After the first couple of hundred--they just sort of layed around for awhile and then got back at it later. If you happened to head shoot a dove and it towered and helicoptered down--they would all race to try to snatch it out of the air. It was quite comical to watch. Sometimes they would retrieve 2 and 3 doves at a time! The 2nd pic shows the beautiful colored ducks we ran into one day. They were quite heavy to lift! The two "bird boys" were a father and son. Terrific fellows--hard workers--and great companions! The other hunter with me was a fellow from Texas that I met at the Lodge! I'm a lefty--he's a righty. Worked great in the blind!!
boomer_2008_0303855.jpg

boomer_2008_0303856.jpg

boomer_2008_0303857.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.