Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
The chamber of commerce sold those I believe, same as Sparta does now. Silver ones have serial #s. Contact Dayton's COC.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Here is mine. Its in a poster that includes the coin, the last GAH program, a picture of an early GAH and the Vandalia trap line. And, its personalized by Leo. Its front & center on one of the walls in the gun room.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
250 Posts
Too bad Sparta did not contact the serial number holders of the Ohio coins and offer them the serial number for Sparta. I would have liked to have the same number's.

The first year in Sparta no one I talked to had heard of them.

Too bad for them.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I have all of the serial # 104 silver onesfrom Vandalia as well as 3 each of the bronze ones. I also have one each of the ones from Sparta, also # 104 the first 3 years. Stopped getting them when I stopped attending the Grand.

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have a nearly complete set of the Silver coins. I am missing 1980. Anyone have one for sale? They were issued/sold by the Vandalia-Butler Chamber of Commerce, not Dayton. I did get a T-Shirt from the Friendly's Restaurant in 2005 (Going Out With A Bang). Larry Evans

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I never even saw one of those shirts from Friendlies. Anyone else have any interesting stuff from Vandalia ?

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I keep Vandalia memorabila also, including practice round tickets, Boxes of Nitro 27 shells, targets, Beretta lighted lapel pin, etc. Birdtracker

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I have some practice round tickets, signed by then ATA Presidents. Lots of ammo that was specially marked for particular years, but I've never seen a lighted pin from Beretta.

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Mine is a very cherished possession. The HOA winner of that last Grand came back to the club and handed it to me for my collection.

Something like this will always be remembered.

Dave in SC

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Here is a couple items......

2 of the 25 yard markers from Vandalia. I called and the grounds manager saved them for me. One is in the backyard so I can see it looking out the den window, the other is in the front yard with a planter on it in the summer time. Both of them with the numbers facing north, and yeah, I stand on them every so often.

This is the practice trap sign from the practice fields from Vandalia and if you notice its sitting on one of the locker room benches.

Good stuff.....good memories.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've got about a dozen pens, all different years from Vandalia. Grabbed one, when I thought about it when I was classified. They say "Grand American" and the year.

Also have about 3 flats of the NRA AA's from Vandalia and Sparta. Don't ask me why?????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts