Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a specific trigger initiated laser to practice on the Terry Jordan wall chart?
I think it will help me. I have some dominance issues and I think it will help solidify my site picture for my problem targets.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Are you referencing the Laser Lyte? Use Google, the original model is not made anymore but they have a new item. Still No wires, great unit if you can source an older one. Good luck.

Ernie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,
I saw the arrow laser shot but that seems to have a wire and a button to make the laser simulate the shot, I think? I also saw something from idryfire. This looks more like it's designed like a snap cap that shows a laser simulated shot that is trigger initiated. It's about $139.00 with the shipping. I have a target quarter angle I seem to have to aim on the inside vs the outside. May just be my perception but repetitive installation in my muscle memory and brain would be great,assuming it is correct! I think the wall chart is great bit if I'm seeing it just a little differently it seems this would show it and help me adjust.

·
Registered
840 Posts
image.jpeg

I'll try to post a pic of the one I was able to borrow. It fits in the end of the barrel (rubber end first) about like a Mag Light, then ya can use any type of snap cap. Close the gun, aim at whatever and pull the trigger . For an instant the laser lights up at what you aimed at and shows where you would have hit. It's broadcast beam shows like a clock face. NO wires. I've no idea how it is triggered.....must be the fall of the hammer I'm thinking. It uses 3 button batteries.

I understand they do make a different unit with some adapter for shotgun use as most of their stuff is rifle/pistol oriented, IIRC. It's a fun instrument. Try eBay maybe for a used unit. Google should find their web site. Good luck.

Ernie

·
Registered
66 Posts
Go on line and google Arrow laser Shot. Great product made in England. The are also several u tube videos . Would work great with any wall chart or just a picture on the wall or doorway.

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
That's pretty slick, Ernie. I have often wondered if the chamber type lasers are as accurate as end of barrel mounts, if the barrel is not true.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's pretty slick. Wonder if they have clay sized stickers? would love to give it a try. Just take all the wife's pictures down in the living room and put up clay bird stickers and BAM! Instant training room!

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
I contacted LaserLyte. The thing is no longer in production and no replacements planned.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,769 Posts
In reality, where the laser goes and where your shot goes is almost always 2 completely different POI's. I have a bore laser somewhere and it collects dust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts