Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have fun we will be in Tucson shooting in the Sun. This weekend the club puts on the Xmas greetings to all the shooters. Trevor Dawe

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

My friend John and I drove down to Las Vegas from frosty Idaho today to shoot this weekend (a 1,200 mile roundtrip).

The wives are already happy with the sun and warmer weather.

There are rumors that there are other things the two wives will be doing in Las Vegas rather than dutifully cheering their husbands on at the registered shoot.

John, who has made our home state team at least once, says he may just skip the formality of shooting 100 Straight and just start with the trophy shoot-offs. John asks is it really necessary for all those regular program clay targets to die just to prove once again that he can break them ?

Me ? I am going to defend my well-deserved "D" classification by breaking all those clay targets that accidently get in the way of my pattern.

Rumor has it that there is a 99 cent prime rib and lobster buffet somewhere in this establishment where we are staying. John corrected me and said that 99 cent buffets are a thing of the distant past and that they're now a whole dollar.

In Las Vegas, is it # 7½ s or # 8 s ?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

My friend John's plans for the shoot-off didn't quite work out.

But my "D" classification is safe for this year.

Great shoot and all very friendly people.

Great range facility.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

Again, this was my first visit to the new Las Vegas Clark County Nevada trap range. Quite the physical facility. Wish the best for the folks trying hard to get a real ATA operation going there.

Everyone we met was extremely helpful and courteous. Could not have been treated nicer.

My shooting on Saturday was not good. Recovered on Sunday, shot a decent score, and won the Singles in my classification.

After the registered shooting was over, shot some great practice rounds.

On another note... I have been coming to Las Vegas on business for 30+ years. I have detailed records of every penny spent (lost, won, earned) and I guarantee the lifetime net was not positive. I come one time with my friend Berthelson and everything changed. In a single visit with Berthelson and listening closely to his advice and wisdom, my total lifetime net in Las Vegas is now in the positive range. Thanks to John.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hammer, you and I both know that Johnny B isn't that smart!
Glad to see some of us are still out cranking away at the targets.
Me on the other hand, I haven't touched my trap gun since the beginning of October, I must say, I miss it.

I still have a couple weeks until the gun gets back from Wenig... then I hope to start knocking the rust off from it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts