Trapshooters Forum banner

Laminate Cynergy Combo

1614 Views 16 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Matthuenink
Hi everyone I’m new to the forum but you guys have lots of knowledge and I’m glad to be a part of it. I’ve been eyeballing a cynergy combo and it’s in the grey laminate. I was looking to hear some of your guys experiences or thoughts on the gun. It’s a 32/34 which are the lengths that I am looking for as well. Thanks.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,071 Posts
The guy that always shoots to my left every weekend shoots the exact same game as mentioned. He has shot it exclusively for 4 years and loves the gun. About a month ago he had to have new springs and a firing pin put in due to getting 1 ftf per box. With new springs issue is gone. He figured he had about 25k down it before replacing the springs.

I have only shot the gun for 1 round at 16 yards and it shoots well. I would shoot the unsingle barrel first to see if you like it. Many people either do not like or can not shoot an unsingle.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi everyone I’m new to the forum but you guys have lots of knowledge and I’m glad to be a part of it. I’ve been eyeballing a cynergy combo and it’s in the grey laminate. I was looking to hear some of your guys experiences or thoughts on the gun. It’s a 32/34 which are the lengths that I am looking for as well. Thanks.
I also forgot to mention I have no interest in a release trigger so that isn’t an issue for me

· Registered
6 Posts
Bought one new. Within a week the forearm split. Browning did take care of it pretty quickly. Shot it for about a year then I picked up a KX6 Special. I like the fact that it uses the Invector plus tubes. Not a big fan of the DS Chokes that are in my Wife's 725. Overall its a very good gun. Swings well and locks up easily from the start.

Chuck

· Registered
Krieghoff k80 trap special
641 Posts
If the forearm isn’t broken it will be. Brother had one it broke he sent it back to the factory and they was very good about it. They put a new forearm on it and color matched the stock and now less than 2000 rounds later it’s cracked again.

· Registered
62 Posts
I'm on year 3 with mine, I like it and I shoot it well. I've only ran about 5k rounds through it and have had no problems.
GB

· Registered
966 Posts
If the forearm isn’t broken it will be. Brother had one it broke he sent it back to the factory and they was very good about it. They put a new forearm on it and color matched the stock and now less than 2000 rounds later it’s cracked again.
Interesting. My father-in-law has one of the original cynergies. It must be 10 or 15 years old now. Never had a forearm problem.

· Registered
105 Posts
Loose screws, I keep blue locktite on mine, but I keep a close eye on them if I shoot a doubles marathon, between the heat and the added recoil that is usually when I see them come loose. I heard early Cynergy's had this problem, but should be remedied.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.