Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually head up into the high country & look at my elk hunting grounds. Just looking around for rubs, tracks maybe a wallow. If I get lucky I may find a blue grouse or two. But this year I'm changing. I'm head up to the Delta Trap Club for their annual 3 day Labor Day shoot. I've always put it off but this year I'm going. There's some added money which helps if the planets are aligned correctly & I'm shooting well. I'm getting a little bit too flabby to hike the high country.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
I know that feeling!!! That's why I sold my off-shore fishing boat, and started shooting Clay targets again. LOL. Its so much cooler cleaning my shotgun inside my Air Conditioned Home. Than standing outside in the South Florida Heat cleaning my boat during the summer months here. LOL. Good Luck shooting this weekend. break em all jeff

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Life is about to change. My old girl friend is moving back in with me. Leaving the jerk in San Diego.
I need to get her into therapy for the mental abuse she has been going through for 5 years
Probably spend the weekend at my place in Pismo.

I may need counseling
Already have PTSD
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
Hey Steve I got to go riding at Pismo Beach about 8 or 9 years ago.
That place was awesome!
The water was COLD !

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Steve, as a friend, I'm asking is that what you really want todo with your labor day weekend? "Old girlfriends" are never usually the answer to lifes problems! Just saying!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I am headed to a registered shoot, 4 days 1200 registered targets total, then that's it, the shotguns get cleaned good and put away, after the long weekend I have a week to get packed for elk camp, leaving on the 14th for 3 weeks, my favorite time of the year, have a cow draw this year, the other boy's will have general bull tags plus we have 2 male moose draws all in the same zone, should be a great 3 weeks again. 😁 😁(y)

Reactions: phatkaw

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
We have been close all our lives. Special Education teacher we worked together.
Still my best friend
Not bad looking for 51

·
Registered
552 Posts
Take my camper back to PSSA I got it back from warranty work. ZZBIRD shoot picnic at my moms. Mow my grass. RELAX!!!

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Will be doing lots of field work with my English Setter pup this weekend - as we will be in the woods of Maine shortly for grouse and woodcock, and need to get in as many drills and bird work as we can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sold our house so we will be spending the weekend moving out. I'd rather be out shooting or fishing right now, but its gotta be done. I had no idea that we had this much stuff 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
We have been close all our lives. Special Education teacher we worked together.
Still my best friend
Not bad looking for 51
Well, she has to have some patience if she's a Special Ed teacher. I spent 39 years in Elem. Ed. I have a lot of respect for those who chose to be a Special Ed instructor.
Steve

1 - 20 of 36 Posts