L A Times...Quote of the Day !!! | Trap Shooters Forum

L A Times...Quote of the Day !!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by PatMiles, Aug 1, 2020 at 1:38 PM.

1. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms." Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee... And the quote below from the LA Times is priceless. Sometimes even the LA. Times gets it right.
    Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flails about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill."
    Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times:
    "Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, Kamala Harris, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'. The five of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."
    Columnist Burt Prelutsky,
    Los Angeles Times

Be sure to forward this to all of the "mentally ill" vets you know. Especially the ones with guns??

donegal shooter and redfin1956 thanked this.
  2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

That story is several years old, back in March 2013, but she did say it in a round about way.

“If I understand this, this [amendment] adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose [sic] in this regard during the ten years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.”

————————————————————
    PTSD is not “a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War,” that was way to take a slap at GW Bush. It is a problem better understood and more prevalent than known. The woman is a twit.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 1:45 PM
  3. rapid86

rapid86 Well-Known Member

Been around forever, just seems to get a different name with each succeeding war. During the Civil War it was known as "Soldier's Lament", for example.

4. DuckNut

DuckNut Well-Known Member

PTSD is a renewed disease. 55% of veterans are claiming to have it.

They have found this is an easy way to receive disability as it cannot be seen on an X-ray.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The voting record of Dems is living proof YOU never vote for one!!