Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Best, lowest recoil trap single I've shot. That includes Perazzi, CG, Browning and Ljutic. Find one to try - I think you'll love it. Krieghoff trigger can't be beat!

·
Supporting Vendor
9,971 Posts
The best Trap gun I've ever shot, bar none. I just love mine, but if you're the type that's really into how your gun looks, perhaps not the gun for you.

blade819, would you care to explain your experiences with the KX6? Just curious.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I think a lot of people, even a nine-time Krieghoff owner like me, are turned off by that faux wood finish on a higher-end gun. When the average working stiff pays that much for a trap gun, looks become almost as important as function. I would prefer that my Kreighoff not look exactly like everyone else's.

But I understand that they are very nice to shoot and if that's all you're after, then it's a great gun for you.

Ed

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have been considering a K-6 myself,shot it a few times at the grand and liked it but I don't get the bashing of the looks of the gun for the price comments,When you compare the price of a new K-6 to a similar single barrel trap gun in a Perazzi or Kolar then the K-6 is a relative bargain and the Perazzi`s often do not have wood that looks all that great anyway(some look good,but not most)Most Kolars have pretty nice wood and engraving.
Not that Perazzi is not a great gun mind you,it is a great shotgun and I love the Perazzi triggers they are faster than any I have tried but if you want to talk about looks and price you would have to admit that for the buck most perazzi`s just do not look that good.I saw a new Perazzi at an ATA shoot last September that was the ugliest gun I have ever seen,it was butt ugly and far worse looking than any K-6 I ever saw and the K-6 is less than half the price that the Perazzi was.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Like many of you, I've shot the KX6 and really liked it. It's priced right. I currently shoot a KX5 but I have the itch for a new gun. Yes, the recoil is minor and the trigger is typical Krieghoff. But I just can't past the wood issue. I wonder why Krieghoff hasn't offered an upgrade option on the wood?

John Semprini

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Simply put...it's just too ugly for most shooters to tolerate. The world's ugliest woman might also be the world's best lover, but that doesn't mean you want to marry her.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Don't forget that the KS-5 was introduced almost 30 years ago as an entry level Krieghoff priced (at about $2,750) to hopefully bring more buyers into the Krieghoff family. After all, if you had the extra money (about $2,000 more back then), a K-80 with a single barrel had always been available. So, as I mentioned above, it is "average working stiffs" who are the primary demographic for the KX-6 and that "relative bargain" represents a huge chunk of that buyer's disposable income. Also, that buyer not just wants but needs bang for his buck and who can deny that when you buy a Kolar, Perazzi or Krieghoff, you want good looks and real wood to go along with all that other quality.

I'm not bashing the gun. It probably is a wonderfully made firearm but one would have to have some other lumber to make it appealing to me.

Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your input.I appreciate it.I found a kx5 special just like new. I think I will go with it.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
KX-5 is the better of the 2.

KX-6 looks like BT-100's ugly sister.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Maybe "ugly" wood is an advantage in a competition gun. I mean a ding during competition won't take your mind of shooting or cause emotional distress! I mean offroad racing vehicles, be them motorcycle or "cage" are often very ugly; agricultural/barby looking, but are effective tools.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Frankly, I'm tired of this bashing of the looks of the KX6. The wood is computer enhanced -laser etched- if this bothers you shine it on. It is a bullet -proof finish needing no more care than a wipe -off after shooting. Maybe some of the critics would prefer "premium" wood but I'm glad K put their efforts in to design of fit, adjustability, and price point for an average working man trapshooter. If you've ever shot the kx5, kx6 is light years ahead, just look on the auction sites , their dumping the KS5 If you want old technology I got a 1977 BT Competion Trap I'll sell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts