Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
8,523 Posts
I would call it a top orientated single. I had a early KX 6 and a Special shot them both quite a bit.

Part of the feel is that the rib is so tall and your head is in a much more upright position than if you were shooting off a BT 99 or a Ljutic mono-even one of the mid rib monos.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
The KS/X series was originally considered a Mid-Single.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is a SBT gun similar to a BT 99. It has a high rib. I have the KX6 Special with a release trigger. Hands down, the best back for the buck out there for dedicated trap shooting. New they are around $6600 at Joel Etchens. Hard to find used. It is a very simple gun. Built like a tank and recoil is basically none existent. A Kreighoff for $6600 ? You bet. And, it will stand up against any K80, any day, at a third of the price !

·
Registered
59 Posts
BUY IT ! A KX6 Special, is a trap gun that you will own until you die. Get a release trigger. Find the choke that you are comfortable with, and, you will NEVER look back. It is a simple gun to maintain. SLOW down and enjoy what it can do for you. Trap shooting to me is fun. This gun makes it all worth while !!!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts