Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question arose yesterday...Is the KX6 Special a top single or un-single or something else!!
thanx
arnold55

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
So I hear....
I've shot one and actually shot it well. But talking to many shooters it's not a gun for everyone. High rib and roll over comb. Some people couldn't shoot one very good and others just plain love them. You really need to demo one and go from there.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,735 Posts
A "mid" single like a Kolar TS?
I would say almost, here's why...for me it was a nice blend of an unsingle and top. Moves like a top but upon firing, I don't feel that upward movement associated with a top single which I think lends itself to the softer felt recoil.

Wadhopper I wandered where you were!! LOL
I'm anxiously waiting to try my Stock Lock (thanks Gooch!) to see how it performs without the rollover comb since I'm not 100% sold on the rollover style (but it is comfortable). The only thing I question is the repeat-ability with a rollover, sometimes I feel like I'm gradually moving my head forward the longer I shoot (crawling).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So in our discussion, the people that owned them agreed to call them a "tweener!"
Do y'all (I'm sothern) agree with that?
arnold55

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,735 Posts
So in our discussion, the people that owned them agreed to call them a "tweener!"
Do y'all (I'm sothern) agree with that?
arnold55
Yessir, that's why I own one.

I demoed a Zoli, couple of times, loved the unsingle.

Shot the hell out of my TT15, unsingle.

Went to a top (Alf and Ljutic) and it felt like all hell was breaking loose when I pulled the trigger.

Shot the KX6S and thought "hell yes, that's what I'm looking for".

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks. I was wondering if the stud on the side of the hammer and the finger in the second photo were a release. I guess they are for recocking the hammer.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
But half of the release trigger is there, you just have to add the hook at the bottom just above the trigger blade.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Ideal candidate for a drop out trigger.
I know the rt version of the k80 wasn't successful, but I think it would have worked great on the kx5,kx6

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Ideal candidate for a drop out trigger.
I know the rt version of the k80 wasn't successful, but I think it would have worked great on the kx5,kx6
Very true, because of release trigger issues. But what a sweet trigger the K 80RT has.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts