Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st, I want to put out a big shout out and thank you to Mike, HotRodYankee... Just got the new to me KX6S, looks great, beautiful gun. Mike is as good as it gets to deal with.

I plan on shooting it tomorrow in spite of not having a release trigger installed .. like I think I'll be fine with a pull trigger just because it's a KX6S ... hahaha, ya, good luck with that Jack! I'll just say again, if anyone has a release trigger for this for sale or any ideas, please let me know.. I'll update my journey with this one, I've wanted for so long, lets see if it makes a difference in my numbers. I honestly doubt it as I typically shoot my 725 unsingle combo just fine. Although I am a streaky shooter, i go on a run and put up good numbers for a month or 2 ... then I hit the skids for a couple weeks or a month or so before getting it back together. When I contacted Mike about his gun, I'd been on about a 3 week skid where I could shoot a 25 one round and a 17 the next. But mostly 17 - 22's ... the day I contacted Mike, was a baaaad day... so I jumped off the bridge and bought it.. since sunday, I've been back on my game, this past week, pretty much 22-25's with my 725 ... so the bottom line, I know it's not the gun, it's just a matter of me and plain ole FOCUS..

More updates to follow on my journey with a gun I've wanted for 2 years .. will it make a difference ....

·
Registered
47 Posts
1st, I want to put out a big shout out and thank you to Mike, HotRodYankee... Just got the new to me KX6S, looks great, beautiful gun. Mike is as good as it gets to deal with.

I plan on shooting it tomorrow in spite of not having a release trigger installed .. like I think I'll be fine with a pull trigger just because it's a KX6S ... hahaha, ya, good luck with that Jack! I'll just say again, if anyone has a release trigger for this for sale or any ideas, please let me know.. I'll update my journey with this one, I've wanted for so long, lets see if it makes a difference in my numbers. I honestly doubt it as I typically shoot my 725 unsingle combo just fine. Although I am a streaky shooter, i go on a run and put up good numbers for a month or 2 ... then I hit the skids for a couple weeks or a month or so before getting it back together. When I contacted Mike about his gun, I'd been on about a 3 week skid where I could shoot a 25 one round and a 17 the next. But mostly 17 - 22's ... the day I contacted Mike, was a baaaad day... so I jumped off the bridge and bought it.. since sunday, I've been back on my game, this past week, pretty much 22-25's with my 725 ... so the bottom line, I know it's not the gun, it's just a matter of me and plain ole FOCUS..

More updates to follow on my journey with a gun I've wanted for 2 years .. will it make a difference ....
good luck with your new gun Have you tried Allem guncraft for a release trigger?

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
good luck with your new gun Have you tried Allem guncraft for a release trigger?
No, I almost did for my 1st release with Allem, but decided to go with Phillips, he's done a couple for me, I really like his work, and he's been spot on with service, quick turn around and all.. but thank you for the suggestion. I'm sure I'll end up with Kreigoff ... unless some one comes up with something..

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, 1st time out, with the pull trigger, nothing has changed .... still need the release trigger, but, OMG, what a gun, so far just had to drop the comb down for now .. and, one way or another I have to get a release trigger, will be calling Kreigoff PA. 1st thing monday morning. Hopefully I can just buy the parts and do it myself, but I have a feeling that may not be the case ... anyone know..

·
Vendor
265 Posts
Ok, 1st time out, with the pull trigger, nothing has changed .... still need the release trigger, but, OMG, what a gun, so far just had to drop the comb down for now .. and, one way or another I have to get a release trigger, will be calling Kreigoff PA. 1st thing monday morning. Hopefully I can just buy the parts and do it myself, but I have a feeling that may not be the case ... anyone know..
KI will only sell the parts to gunsmiths who have been factory trained/authorized to install them. It's not quite as simple as just dropping in a part or two. Personally, I find them a little harder to get perfect than a K-80 release, and I have installed a lot of both.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Ok, not a total wash for the 1st. time out with it. Now you know that you are going to be much more comfortable shooting with the realease trigger. Other than the trigger, does the gun feel good to mount to you?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
OK show us a couple pics of that bad boy or we may not believe that you actually bought one :unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::unsure:

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I played a little inside my KX5 and KX6 triggers, looked pretty simple .. But anyhow .. let me get some pics up.. it's true, I finally have it, it's a left hander and I absolutely love it. Shot 3 rounds with the pull trigger, then I wrapped up the afternoon with my 725 release trigger unsingle .. let's just say a completely different feel and function.. Initially the comb was about 1/2 inch high, after the 1st round I lowered it to about 1/8", it mounted beautifully. felt great. I also moved the trigger all the way forward so my finger wasn't wrapped around it. Trigger was nice, a little stiff, going to play with the adjustment and try to lighten it up for tomorrow mornings shoot. If I have to send the receiver down to PA for a release trigger ... it's going monday... I have to have this back on my shoulder asap ... this gun is a 25, 50, 75, 100 ... just waiting for someone to focus long enough to do it! I also ordered a new Negrini KX6 gun case from KI, not a fan of the zipper cases. You can believe this!!! Ya baby!!

Wood Musical instrument Shotgun String instrument Music

1 - 13 of 13 Posts