Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are the KX5 dropping in value? There are several on here that are for sale at rock bottom prices and still not moving. Looks like some are less than 3000.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I would bet it has more to do with the KS-5's selling for $2500, than the KX-6"s selling for $4300.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ok, I will opine. I think SBTs, in general, are becoming less desirable. With the popularity of Sporting Clays surging, and Trap waning, or at least stagnating, those who want to shoot more than just ONE category of all the current shooting sports(Trap, Skeet, 5Stand, SC and bunker) will not want a SBT that can only be used for Trap. I have several SBTs that get limited use now. Like them a lot, but wish I had a nice O/U instead.

·
Registered
690 Posts
With Kreighoff dropping the KX6 values will continue to drop with regard to factory support.
I was all set to buy a KX6 but changed my mind glad I did now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have an unaltered KS-5 Special that I have owned for over 15 years. I think I paid $3600 for it new at Jaquas. I really like the gun but may be a tad light when shooting 1 1/8 loads. I do not have a doubles gun. I have considered a K-80 but yikes when I look at the price tag.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts